Play: A Play by Jed McKenna
Published by Cyberpress
Large Mixed Cast
Play is written in seven vignettes which provide a mostly light and always rewarding overview of the journey of spiritual awakening as presented in Jed McKenna's Enlightenment Trilogy and Theory of Everything published by Wisefool Press
The main vignettes are:
1. Gemini: Newborn twin babies on the way home from the hospital pondering the lives that lay ahead.
2. Pinky touch: Two soldiers, a prisoner, and a nurse in wartime awaiting the interrogator and contemplating life after war.
3. Parade: Elderly couple watching the same parade for the four hundredth time and looking back over life choices.
4. Debate: A curious high school girl with one simple question stumbles into a staged debate between science and religion on the nature of reality.
5. Anatta: A woman undergoing an acutely sane disintegration of self.
6. Fedallah: A Moby Dick remix featuring Ahab, soft and hard.
7. Delphi: A man and woman stand before the final veil.
There are six other brief, intermission-type vignettes using the same two characters and setup.
TO READ THE OPENING SCENES, click here